August 14, 2013

Uterine lining update

Today I had another monitoring appointment. This is a serious one because it could be a major deciding factor... to-transfer or not-to-transfer.

The meds I've been on are assisting in thickening up my uterine lining. A nice cushy lining makes for a cloud like experience for the embryos once they are transferred and gives them a nice opportunity to "stick" to the uterine wall. Most IVF clinics like to see the lining around 7mm or 8mm. Today my lining measured 18mm! Whoa! That is well over the required 7 or 8, but could this be too much?!? I've heard both... it could be bad to have too much fluff or it could be a situation of "the fluffier the better". In my case, it's an a-okay thing.

Tomorrow I start my other IVF goodies... Progesterone, Prometrium, Doxycycline and Prednisone. These added to the goodies I'm already taking minus the Lupron.

The egg donor is prepping for a retrieval either tomorrow or Friday. Jeremy and I fly to San Diego on Sunday in preparation of a Wednesday transfer.

As for Guy and Dror, they are beyond excited. I just love reading/hearing their anxious comments. We've Skyped a few times, but we mostly message each other. Unfortunately, they are not able to physically attend the transfer. They are in the process of moving from one country to another. Big things going on in their world right now... moving & babies. They will attend the transfer via Skype or Facetime. I wish they could be at the transfer in the flesh. It's a special moment between a surrogate and her IPs. Due to the timing it just can't happen, but I know they would absolutely attend if they could.



In other surrogate news, did you hear my TV boyfriend, Jimmy Fallon, recently welcomed his daughter via a surrogate? See... all the cool people are using surrogates these days.

Sweet Winnie Rose

1 comment:

  1. It's so wonderful to see how excited a surrogate is for her IPs. I love that you do so much to include your IPs in the experience.

    ReplyDelete