July 19, 2011

12 weeks and growing

Sorry for my lack of posting lately! I have no motivation to be on the computer, in fact, it makes me nauseous when I think about going on the computer.


While eating lunch with my husband yesterday, I was promptly notified by my stomach that it was no longer accepting deliveries. Thankfully, I was within 2 feet of the bathroom. The rest of day was spent feeling like poo. This had been my first bad, bad day in almost 2 weeks. I was under the impression that Miss. Nausea had moved on to someone else. I was convinced the extra hormones I was injecting were causing me to feel so horrible. I stopped taking the hormones a week ago... guess my theory was incorrect. Trust me, one day I will not be complaining about feeling ill. It will be all roses and unicorns!

Tomorrow I will be 12 weeks pregnant. The babies are compared to the size of a lime. They have been mucho busy growing since my last post! This puts them at about 2.13 inches and 0.49 oz. From what I have been reading, the most dramatic development this week are the babies reflexes. They are opening and closing their fists and curling their toes. Their eyes are moving from the side of their face to the front of their face. I can feel the babies fluttering about and can actually feel each one separately. Baby right (my right), seems to move more when I am resting in the evening. Baby left moves more in the afternoon. I can't feel them everyday but it's more common than not. Feeling a baby move inside my belly has always been such a bizarre feeling. It's a feeling like no other therefore making it hard to describe. Many women compare it to the "butterflies" feeling. It can also feel sort of like a twitch.

The above was typed yesterday (Monday).

My belly has been expanding these last few weeks. I was able to wear my normal clothes until last week. And so begins the bump watch!

I am anxious to see how big this bump will grow.


And now on to some personal feelings...

I want to word this very carefully because I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression. Lately, I find myself surrounded by pregnant women and they are (from my assumptions) moms-to-be. It is such an incredible 9 months of preparing for a new baby. The anticipation alone can not be compared to anything else. The joy of meeting your baby for the first time is beyond words. Simply said, new life is amazing! Back to these other pregnant women, I would imagine that most are having these overwhelming feelings about meeting their new son or daughter. Let me just say this, in no way do I want anymore children. I have 4 and that is enough for our family. While I am satisfied with our family size, it saddened me that this phase of my life is over. I don't want to scare anyone, I have not grown any emotional attachments to the babies I am carrying. I went into this knowing these babies would not be mine and I am remain that way.

On the flip side, I do have anticipation but obviously it's a little different. It will be such an amazing moment when the guys see their babies for the first time. I am guessing there will be plenty of tears (speaking for myself).  I am sure it will be a truly beautiful moment and one I could never forget.

Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment