November 18, 2011

29 weeks down 9 weeks to go

It struck me the other day that we have reached the single digits! We have 9 weeks or less before the babies are born. I am so delighted that the babies are growing so strong and that I've been able to "keep them baking". With twins, the risks are much higher. Although, I can't say I was ever worried about something going wrong. My past pregnancies had been uneventful so I went into this with the assumption that this pregnancy would go just as smoothly.

I am officially 29 weeks as of last Tuesday. The babies are continuing to chub up and gain weight. We are on track to having 2 full-term babies. They were almost 3 pounds last week so I imagine they have hit 3 pounds and a few ounces by this week. With 2 months to go, there is a good chance these babies will be 6 or 7 pounds each, at least. That's a whole lot baby action. They have been very busy moving and grooving these last few days. Sometimes I really wonder what is going on in there. I feel more movement on my right side and almost none on my left side. That is not surprising because of how they are positioned.

As for me, I am doing pretty well. My only complaints are heartburn and little bit of hip pain. I am sleeping okay at night minus the times heartburn shows its ugly face. I haven't reached that point of "I want these babies out". I am sure the time will come but for now I know they need to stay put for awhile longer.

Thanks for checking in!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment