January 27, 2012

2 weeks (already!?!)

It's been 2 weeks since the babies made their debut. They are doing remarkable. Getting more beautiful everyday.

I had a moment today where I thought back to the IVF transfer. I remember the transfer so clearly, like it just happened. It actually gives me butterflies when I think about that moment. We had no idea what would happen, if one or both embryos would stick. There was so much anticipation. The next 2 weeks could not go by fast enough. Every little feeling I had would make me wonder if I was or wasn't pregnant. I had strong feelings that I was but I didn't want to set myself or the guys up for disappointment in the event neither embryo stuck. There was worry on my side regarding how it would be if only one embryo stuck. How would the guys feel knowing that only one was getting a biological child? I am sure there would have been some sadness but that's not to say that the baby wouldn't be loved to the fullest by both parents. Thankfully, we didn't have to worry about it.

Let's take a look back....
See those 2 whites dots on the left? That is the twins about 9 months ago.

Even though this was a very scientific procedure with much planning and medication, it's still a beautiful miracle to me.

I am currently speechless. It's not the hormones, I promise! It's that I can't tell you how much this journey has meant to me. Words can not sufficently express my feelings right now.

I will leave you with this YouTube video. The singer is Jack Johnson... one of my favorite singer/songwriters ever.


Melissa

2 comments:

  1. you did such an amazing job and to think it worked out perfectly...the master plan...achieved! you all must be so proud of yourselves! love, love, love jack johnson too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful world this would be if everyone jammed (yes, I just used the word jammed) to a little Jack everyday :)

      Delete