January 12, 2012

37 weeks and one day

We have reached 37 weeks and 1 day. I have to say that I thought the babies would be born by now. I guess that's because of the stereotype twins are given... they are usually born early. I am not complaining though. I am happy to have them cook as long as they can so they are healthy little beings when they are born.


Today we have an appointment and the guys are able to join me this time! It's exciting even though the appointment will probably be short and sweet. I am happy they get to meet my OB. Unfortunately, we will not have an ultrasound. My OB explained that one week isn't enough to measure the babies' growth progress. It would have been nice to have one just so the guys could witness one. We are currently scheduled for induction on Jan 17. I am going to ask if we can bump it up to tomorrow or Friday. We'll see what she says. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

The guys arrived Monday evening but we didn't plan to meet up until Tuesday. We planned a lunch date. I was excited and a little nervous to see them again. As my boys and I pulled into the parking lot, we saw the guys right away. It seemed as though no time had passed since I last saw them. We chatted and ate. It was hard to focus because my boys were fairly busy. Goofing off, spilling things, you know boys just being boys. My husband was able to join us so that was helpful. It was the first time he had met the daddies to be. All went well as expected. We invited the guys over for dinner that evening and they accepted. Before we left the guys gave us some gifts. The kids got some yummy chocolate treats. The guys gave me a beautiful bracelet and earrings.


The bracelet has 4 pendants. A boy, a girl, a heart and "the tree of life". It's great and I will definitely treasure it always.

The guys will be here in a bit to take me to our last doctor's appointment. I'll update later.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment