May 25, 2012

The offer

I have secret to share with you...

Last fall, my husband and I went to a birthday party for a friend, we'll call him John. John has a wife, we'll call her Jane. The party guests began leaving and soon it was just Jeremy and I sitting in the living room with John and Jane. I talked about our conversation here. Take a minute to read it... I personally think it's a good post.

After much thought and talks with Jeremy, we've decided to offer my uterus to them. Some that read my blog often are probably thinking "What the (insert whatever word you choose)?! You just had twins in January? Isn't it a little soon to be thinking about it again?" It's okay for you to think this because I've had the same thought. I went to a surrogate social last October and met someone jumping into surrogacy just a few months after delivering her first surrobaby. I understand where she was coming from now.

We invited John and Jane over for dinner a few weeks ago. I don't know if they expected the surrogacy discussion. I wasn't sure how to present it, it's not everyday I offer my baby maker to people. I offered surrogacy one other time to a friend (read about it here - it's a longer post but it explain the whys and hows of my surrogacy decision). Even before she came into my life, I knew I wanted to carry a baby for someone. I assumed God would present me with the right person. This person felt so right. Today, I realize I didn't approach her the right way. I won't go into details about it but I'll tell you I was very blunt about it and the setting was not right (no, it was not in a bar after having 5 martinis, it was at work). I often wonder if I had chosen a different approach what her reply would have been. I wonder if she thought maybe I hadn't put much thought into it. Anyway, she declined my offer.

Back to John and Jane. The offer was presented after we ate. It's not something to take lightly so I wanted to be sensitive about it. We talked about it and threw around ideas. The reason I brought it up to them so soon after having the twins is because I know it will take time to get things in order. They aren't working with an agency yet and they need to research it a little more. And of course the dreaded money thing. They have to be sure their finances will allow it.

So here we are... hopefully heading down the road where I can help another family have a child. I love this! I really really love this!!

Oh and I have to add that God eventually presented me with the right people to have babies for. I can't say enough how much I absolutely adore the family I helped make.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I really, really love this too! Looking forward to following another journey!

    ReplyDelete